You are carrying a .38 magnum. You are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.
What do you do?
- Well, that's not enough information to answer the question.
- Does the man look poor? Or oppressed?
- Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
- Could we run away?
- What does my wife think? What about the kids?
- Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
- What does the law say about this situation?
- Does the .38 have appropriate safety built into it?
- Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
- Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
- Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
- If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
- Should I call 911?
- Why is this street so deserted?
- We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day, and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
- This is all so confusing!
- I need to discuss this with some friends over a latte, and try to come to a consensus.
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click....
(sounds of reloading).
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.
Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?'
Son: 'You got him, Pop! Can I shoot the next one?'
Wife: 'You are NOT taking that to the taxidermist!'